Friday, August 3, 2012

Wearing Now: Faux Leather and Cuban Heels


Dress: BCBG - $35 via eBay (similar here, on sale)
Shoes: Leifsdottir (a.k.a Anthropologie's brand minion) - $100 via Nordstrom Rack (very similar here, on sale, here, and here)
Sunglasses: Fendi - $80 via Nordstrom Rack (classics here)
Accessories: Coach watch, Roberto Cavalli bracelet

Here's a vocabulary tidbit that you (probably) wished you knew: those comfortable 1-2' square heels that have been all the rage lately are known as Cuban heels. They're arguably more comfortable than flats because they provide a fair bit of arch support where flats sometimes strain the arch. Just so you have a context for this look (I personally hate it when bloggers wear a knock-'em-out-drop-dead-gorgeous outfit and lead us to conclude they only put it on for the shoot) I wore this to a favorite neighborhood dump to see old friends... I'm still on a mini vacation ;)

7 comments:

  1. *Whistles* Great dress - very flattering on you! Awesome that you wore this to a favorite neighborhood dump :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady!!! I love this dress! My Mom says Hi and says she likes the dress too and the shoes!!! And of course you got a great deal on this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great :)
    please visit and follow my blog:

    http://lusciousstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee! You look like a movie star. I wonder about that too, whether bloggers are just wearing an outfit for the photo shoot and then quickly changing back to yoga pants and T shirts. I'm definitely more productive and happier when I dress like a professional all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So "Cuban" heels are what I used to call "kitten heels?" Huh! You really do learn something every day. As much as I love shoes trying to explain all the different heels gets confusing.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog name/URL in your comment (I'm all for new friends) but please don't ask me to follow you. It's tacky and rude. We're all free to decide what we like without undue influence. Thank you!